Guidelines for Featured Authors
If you are interested in becoming a contributor, contact us and tell us about yourself.
First, congratulations on being selected as a featured author. PublicLiterature.Org is an invitation-only contributor site. We hope to showcase the talent of many fantastic writers (about page). Here is some information on how you use your account and how the process works:
- You should receive your login information via email.
- To login, click on Login on the homepage. Or click here to login.
- Once logged in, click on Profile.
- Please fill in the section called About Yourself with a short paragraph (3-5 sentences).
- Optional, please upload a Photo of yourself, your latest book, or a logo you use (pay attention to size). Please limit this to about 200px on the height.
- To post, use the Write tab. Write your entry, select which category it belongs, and click Save. After you are happy with your draft, and you would like to submit it, click “Submit for Review”. Your post may not appear instantly, we slowly release them over a period of days. Please proofread your work before publishing. Please consult your publisher if you are posting published work.
- One of our editors will approve acceptable posts and it should become visible on our site. Your author bio will be posted with your post excerpt.
WHAT TO POST: The following are acceptable for posting:
- An article relating to literature.
- Your own poetry.
- Your own short story (fiction, non-fiction, sci-fi, romance ).
- Your own passage or chapter from a larger work (if published, make sure this is OK with your publisher).
- Children’s book or story.
- A biography or interview relating to literature.
- If you would like to post a larger work, be consult us.
- Your work and biography will be seen by a very large audience. We plan to serve approximately 1 MILLION VIEWS PER MONTH within the next few months.
- You can establish yourself as a prominent member of the literary community.
- You will be given the opportunity to network with other high-caliber published authors.
- You are eligible to be selected as a Moderator or to our Board of Directors. We plan to select moderators and add to our Board of Directors from our Featured Author community.
- You have the opportunity to receive great feedback from other great authors.
- It’s fun!
Our current license is:
Our interpretation is as follows. PublicLiterature.Org does not take ownership of your work. Rather, the original author retains ownership but your work may be shared in its original form (no derivative works) and it may not be sold. The author may add any additional licensing information at the end of each post. Thanks to all our contributors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I post a link to my book?
Yes, in fact we made it easy to post to your amazon page via a tool. Click here for a Demo.
- What do I need to fill in when I post?
Just worry about the “Page Content” section and “Category” section. You can ignore almost everything else.
If you are a currently a contributor, or would like to apply to be a contributor, please use the form below.